Each year on Father's Day I struggle to verbalize my thoughts. How can I possibly put into words how I feel about this guy and the AMAZING dad he is to our children? I am unbelievably grateful to his loving parents who taught him -- and showed him -- what it means to be a family man.
So. Here are just 7 things that I adore about Josh as a father.
1. He is there for the big things. The kids can count on him to be there for sporting events, music programs, the first day of school, etc.
2. He is there for little things. Dinnertime, tying shoes, church, bedtime stories, Saturday chores, etc.
3. He is fun!
4. He leads by example. Our kids know what prayer, hard work, and sacrifice look like, as well as the benefits that can come from doing those things.
5. He disciplines lovingly. He can be firm, but he always explains why in a way that the kids can understand.
6. He loves their mom. I came across this quote years ago and I believe it with my whole heart.
7. He knows and loves them individually. He knows that when Kylie has gone "missing" she is most likely on her bed reading or climbing a tree. He knows that Summer can't be trusted with a bag of Doritos and Jackson likes to have bubbles in his bath. He knows that London likes to be cuddled before bedtime and covered with the softest blankets.
We really, really love this guy. And we like him a lot too :)