Friday, June 23, 2017

a jefferson reunion

Last week we had the privilege of spending 6 days in Michigan with my family.  It's a rare treat to have the whole gang together at the same time!

One of the best parts of the trip was getting to spend time with my brother, his wife {Chelsea}, and sweet baby girl {Bella}. 


ACTIVITIES

There are so many fun things to do in the Grand Rapids area, we had a hard time choosing!  One day we ventured out to a man-made beach called Millennium Park.  We love this park because it's close to home, the water is warm, and there is a lot to keep you busy besides just the beach.






 On another day we ventured out to Tanger Outlets to see the chalk art festival.  We were blown away by the creativity and detail that came to life right there on the sidewalk.  
 

It was fun just hanging out, too :)

  video

That afternoon Bella reached a fun milestone - she got her ears pierced.  Bless her!



DATE NIGHT

My parents were kind enough to watch the kids one evening so Josh and I could have a date night with Kyle and Chelsea.  We started off with pedicures {at my brother's suggestion no less!}.  The guys even got their nails painted.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner at On The Border and topped off the evening at Cold Stone.  We had such a blast.  I wish we lived closer to them!




FAMILY

My dad recently tore his Achilles tendon so he wasn't able to come with us on many of our outings.  Thankfully we had plenty of down time that we could spend with him.  Throwing a softball, shooting hoops, or just chatting on the porch were some of the sweetest moments of our trip.









Josh's brother and his family came over one evening, but I missed out on most of that fun because I met my cousin for dinner.  I wish I would have gotten more pictures of both events because we all had a great time!  Here's a pictures of Summer and her cousin, Razia.


FATHER'S DAY / BELLA'S BIRTHDAY

How cool is it that we got to celebrate Father's Day and Bella's 1st birthday on the same day?  My extended family came over, which is always so fun.




Before the whole crew came over, though, we let the men in our lives know how much we adore them.  I feel honored to know these men.  They are the best of the best.



Bella is one lucky lady to have such a devoted dad.  He'll do anything just to see her smile.


We loved being able to celebrate Bella's birthday with her.  She is the sweetest little girl!




FRIENDS

As always, our time in Michigan goes by fast but we try our best to see our friends.  John & Amelia are some of our faves.


We also met up with my high school friend, Janelle, and her cute little girl, Avi.  Unfortunately Janelle's husband was traveling for work so we weren't able to see him but the kids loved playing together at the park.



We feel so blessed to have had this chance to soak up our family and friends.  We love you!



No comments: