It's official. This little lady is eight years old!
I'm a little behind in my posting but Kylie had a wonderful birthday. Thanks to everyone who took the time to recognize her on her special day. She felt very loved!
I got to spend some quality time with her this weekend and, I know I'm biased, but I think she's pretty great. Here are 8 of my favorite things about Kylie:
1. She has a very big heart. She notices when people are sad or feeling excluded and does her best to make them happy.
2. She is an exceptional student. I appreciate that she has such a love of learning.
3. She has a fun sense of humor. Josh and I were recently trying to explain the concept of seeing a glass half empty or half full. She finally said, "Who cares? I would just drink the water."
4. She's a wonderful big sister. Josh hit the nail on the head when he said that she is her brother's hero and her sister's best friend.
5. She is patient with me. She recently told me she loved me because I'm so kind. I said, "What about the times when I'm not kind, or when I'm angry or grumpy?" She replied: "Well that's just because you're tired. I still think you're very kind." Bless her.
6. She finds joy in the little things: a new pair of socks, a budding flower, or a special dessert. She's very easy to please and I appreciate that she notices the effort behind the things she receives.
7. She's not afraid to dream. She is still very into fashion and can often be found reading up on the subject or practicing her sewing in her bedroom. Whatever she decides to be someday, I know she'll be great because she's not afraid of hard work.
8. She is developing a sweet relationship with her Savior. She just...believes. I love to listen to her pray because she's so genuine and sincere. She makes good choices and learns from her mistakes.
Happy birthday, sweet girl. I adore being your mom.