No, not those kinds of shots :) Vaccinations. Summer had her one-year wellness check today, and despite getting a shot in each limb and getting her blood drawn, she did a GREAT job! She came out of the doctor's office wearing 5 band-aids and a smile. Amazing.
ONE YEAR STATS
Height: 29.5 inches -- 65th percentile
Weight: 22 pounds, 13 ounces -- 78th percentile
Head circumference: 44.4cm -- 31st percentile
One year ago Summer joined our family. When I think of the events that transpired exactly one year ago-- the labor, delivery, etc.-- it seems like it's been longer than a year! It's hard to imagine someone so special not being in your life at one time. The day she was born was such a wonderful day. I was so excited to meet her.
Everyone I met was so surprised that I had such a BIG baby. Now, a year later, people are still surprised I have such a big baby :)
Here are some fun facts about Summer:
- She is very laid back and hardly ever cries
- She doesn't like most vegetables or rice, but almost any other food or beverage is a go
- She is riveted by TV. Whenever it's on she will stand about 3" from the screen. At this rate she'll need glasses by her second birthday.
- She talks quite a bit for her age: mama, dada, baba, go, up, baby, more, yeah, all done.
- It takes a lot for her to hurt herself. She trips and falls A LOT; she wrestles with Kylie; she bumps her head multiple times a day, but none of these things typically make her cry.
- She has 8 teeth, two of which are molars.
- She climbs up stairs and is practically running now
- Her favorite place in the entire house is Kylie's bed. We find her there quite often.
- She doesn't smile a lot, especially in front of strangers. She is perfectly happy doing her own thing, but apparently doesn't feel the need to smile to let you know it.