Here she is blowing out her candle. It's a very different story from last year.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Height: 37 1/4" (62nd percentile)
Weight: 28 pounds (28th percentile)
Basically she is of average height but a total peanut! She has grown 3 1/4" and gained 2 pounds since last year.
- Still enjoys Elmo but is going through a Curious George phase
- Current favorite movie: A tie between "Monster's Inc" and "Horton Hears a Who"
- Favorite book: "The Very First Christmas"
- Favorite food: pasta
- Can recognize, recite, and sing the alphabet
- Can recognize basic shapes, numbers, and symbols on a keyboard
- Loves playing with containers of any kind, water, roller skates, paint, and her kitchen set
- Talks (and laughs) constantly!
- Loves talking to and playing with Summer
- Sings along with the songs on the radio...correctly!
- Is mostly potty trained
- Enjoys helping Mommy in the kitchen (especially mixing)
- Eats things she's not supposed to (snow, playdough, sand) and probably not enough of what she is supposed to
- Wakes up at 8:00am, naps from 1-2:30, goes to bed around 8:00pm but sometimes doesn't fall asleep until 9 or later. The doctor said she's in the in-between stage as far as naps go. I'll hang onto the nap because she'll willingly stay in her bed at night, even if she lies awake for a while. Is that too selfish???
- Enjoys talking on the phone, but only a few sentences at a time
This girl definitely keeps me on my toes but she is SO much fun to be around! Love ya Kylie-poo!!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
I pride myself on my efficiency in getting the kids ready for church on Sunday mornings. Josh is the Elders Quorum President in our ward and has to attend early morning meetings each week, which leaves me to get the kids ready on my own. I LOVE getting the kids dressed up for church, even if their dresses are covered in drool or cracker crumbs by the time we get home. It's the one time during the week when I can count on looking like we have it all together :)
Summer is losing more hair, which is a sign to everyone that she is sleeping more! Her bald spots make me kind of sad (she had so much beautiful dark hair at birth) but I do appreciate the extra sleep. No, she's still not sleeping through the night, but I'll take what I can get!
Now that Summer is 4 months old we have started her on rice cereal. So far, she's really not a fan! She has been staring at us during every meal so I thought for sure that she would really go for it. I think she prefers what she's used to-- her bottle.
You may have noticed in the video that Kylie didn't have any pants on. The reason why is because she's potty training and doing an awesome job!! I set a goal to have her potty trained by the time she turned 3 and I think I can pretty much check that one off the list (her birthday is next Saturday). She still has a little ways to go but she's making great progress. Since the potty training has kept us homebound for awhile, we've been finding some fun indoor activities. She got this leapster for Christmas that she loves.
She also received a play kitchen that keeps her entertained for hours...seriously.
Of course, there's watching TV. She doesn't usually look this zoned out, I promise. She went down for a nap right after I took this.
Leave it to Kylie to get creative! While I made quesadillas one night, she decided to climb in the box. I can't believe she almost fit completely inside!
I've been trying to keep myself busy too (aside from the usual stuff). I learned to French braid and I thoroughly enjoy practicing on Kylie-- thanks, Alyssa.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
I still can't believe how well these two get along. It's like they're both fascinated with each other. Every time Summer wakes up from a nap, Kylie rushes to her side, strokes her hair, and says in the most enthusiastic voice possible, "Hi Summer! It's good to see you!"
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Weight: 17 lbs. 8 oz. (off the chart)
Head circumference: 41.2 cm (50th percentile)
My dad has nicknamed Summer "Big Baby." I think that's an understatement! We're just waiting for her to get strong enough to sit up on her own so she can get out of this ridiculous infant bathtub! She currently wears size 3 diapers (Kylie is in size 4) and mostly size 6-9 month clothes, with a few exceptions.