I only have a few pictures from graduation, so here is a little preview until I get some more
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
While Kylie was taking her morning nap, I straightened my hair, which is something I haven't done recently. Ever since she woke up, she will scowl at me like this anytime I glance in her direction. What a face!! I can't decide if she hates the hairstyle, or is just unsure that it's still me. Just to be safe, I'm going to take a shower and bring back the curls!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Yesterday it snowed the majority of the day, but not too much stuck to the ground. Then we woke up to this!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
This may only be interesting to family members, but I thought I would tell you about some fun things Kylie has done recently.
- Yesterday Kylie found her belly button. All day long she would lift up her shirt, touch her belly button, then look at me and smile. THEN she would lift my shirt up and find my belly button. Such a smart girl :)
- Kylie is usually pretty shy when she first meets someone new, but she still manages to win people over in a hurry. Last night we had dinner Applebee's and she turned around and waved at a family sitting behind us. When she saw that they would wave back, her face lit up and she continued to wave at them throughout the rest of our meal.
- She found the power button on the TV, but she discovered some other buttons too. Sometimes she accidentally changes the channel. Rather than pushing more buttons, she will find me in whatever room I happen to be in, hand me the remote and look at me expectantly.
- This girl still LOVES books. I read to her every single day and her books never get old (to her). She will "read" anything-- textbooks, calendars, even sheet music.
- She has started to put things away!! You have witnessed her incredible ability to destroy any room, but she loves to put things in containers now. Therefore, she enjoys putting her toys away. Yay!
- Josh and I often play the Wii and we get pretty into the games sometimes. There have been a number of times that I have screamed out of excitement, and Kylie has mimicked my scream. She will also say "Weeeee!!" when riding in the car.
We have started packing already and Kylie has been eager to help. She actually allows us to pack things up, but sometimes she has a "freak out moment" because she thinks we're leaving her behind. Poor girl! Here she is helping Daddy take down the DVD stand.
Over the weekend, we took down all of our pictures and filled holes in the walls. Kylie found a picture and actually recognized herself!
Remember this cute little shirt?
It's baaaack! My friend had this shirt for her daughter but it was too big for her. Rather than waiting a few months for her to grow into it, she was nice enough to give it to Kylie. She looks pretty happy about that!